- AOA+ Leadership Society
AOA+ Leadership Society
The AOA+ Leadership Society is a program for students to participate in during Optometry's Meeting to build their leadership skills, advance their careers through networking, personal and professional development, and specialized education outside of the classroom.
Requirements of AOA+ Leadership Society 2019
- Be an AOA/AOSA/state association affiliate Member
- Register for Optometry's Meeting (OM)
- Attendance required at the following events/courses:
- AOA+ Keynote Speaker (Friday, June 21, 10:30am-12pm)
- Education course sponsored by Luxottica (Friday, June 21, 4:30-6pm)
- Minimum of 4 Pop-Up sessions
- Residency and State Affiliate Summit (Friday, June 21, 1-4pm)
- Attend two of the following:
- Contact Lens Education Course
- Leadership Link, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Vision—three opportunities:
- Thursday, June 20, 12-1pm
- Friday, June 21, 8-9am
- Saturday, June 22, 8-9am
- Vision Rehab Forum
- Sports & Performance Vision Forum
- Poster Session
- One hour of OD CE
- Participation in the following OM student events:
- AOSA Optometry Student Bowl XXVIII powered by Essilor
- Luxottica Live!
Student CE Monitors
You can still be eligible to participate in the 2019 AOA+ Leadership Society! Attend all required events as your CE Monitor schedule allows. If you are working during a required program, please email Stacey Struckhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1 with the hours you were working that concided with a Leadership Society requirement.
Program Completion Incentives
- Honorable distinction at schools and colleges from AOA Faculty Liaisons
- Annual AOA+ participation lapel pin
- Annual certificate of completion
- List their completion on all statements of personal accomplishment, including resume
Complete this form to apply for membership in the 2019 AOA+ Leadership Society. Membership is contingent upon verified completion of AOA+ Leadership Society requirements. Students who have met all requirements for membership will be notified via email in July 2019.