Health and Safety
Given the continued public health impact of COVID-19 in the United States and abroad, the AOA is adhering to added precautions that ensure all organization meetings are safe, healthy and productive gatherings for doctors of optometry, students and paraoptometric staff.
Due to a surge in new COVID-19 cases in late 2021 and early 2022, the City of Chicago implemented a new vaccine requirement to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Effective Jan. 3, 2022, any individual age 5 and older is required to provide proof of vaccination to dine indoors, visit gyms, or enter venues where food or drink are being served. The McCormick Place Convention Center Chicago, headquarters for the AOA/American Optometric Student Association (AOSA) Optometry’s Meeting® 2022, will adhere to these requirements and require proof of vaccination for attendance.
By registering for the meeting, you agree to the following rules that are designed for the protection of all attendees:
- Attendees will be required to submit proof of full vaccination prior to your arrival at the meeting. Before the meeting, the AOA will reach out to registrants with further instructions regarding submission of the required vaccination/testing documentation.
- In addition to proof of vaccination, the AOA/AOSA ask attendees to adhere to additional preventative measures, including but not limited to:
- Practicing social distancing i.e., remaining at least six feet apart from other persons not living in their household.
- Wearing a face covering, unless eating or drinking, is strongly encouraged.
- Practicing frequent hand washing.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Monitoring your personal health daily.
- Adhering to the latest CDC guidance.
All meeting attendees attest that they will follow all rules during Optometry's Meeting, which are designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. This includes additional rules and regulations in place at the meeting location at the time of the meeting. As an attendee, you also agree that, if you see a situation you believe to present a risk of injury or illness, you will bring it to the attention of the AOA and take appropriate measures to protect yourself from harm.
By completing the registration process for the meeting, you agree that you will adhere to these terms and conditions.
The AOA/AOSA will continue to update this page with more health and safety information as the meeting approaches, including guidance on how to submit your proof of vaccination.