- 2019 AOA+ Influencer
2019 AOA+ Influencer
What is an Influencer?
Influencers are people who have built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular topic. They make regular posts about a topic on their preferred social media channels and generate large followings of enthusiastic engaged people. When you post, be sure to tag Optometry's Meeting using #OM2019.
Why does AOA+ have official Influencers?
We need our members to promote Optometry's Meeting 2019 and talk about their positive experiences and takeaways from previous years' meetings. We need to break through the communication clutter that is thrown at students and focus on the amazing experiences offered to them as AOA/AOSA members.
- Be an AOA/AOSA/state association affiliate member
- Register for Optometry's Meeting 2019.
- Post a minimum of 6 times on a personal and/or school social media pages(s) relating to a topic provided on the communication calendar between now and July 1, 2019.
- Screen shot social media posts to turn into AOSA Trustee post-Optometry's Meeting.
- Communications calendar and ideas will be provided to Influencers.
While at Optometry's Meeting, participation in the AOA+ Leadership Society is required and includes:
- Attendance required at the following events/courses:
- AOA+ Keynote Speaker (Friday, June 21, 10:30am-12pm)
- Education course sponsored by Luxottica (Friday, June 21, 4:30-6pm)
- Minimum of 4 Pop-Up sessions
- Attend two of the following:
- Contact Lens Education Course
- AOA+ Leadership Link, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Vision—three opportunities
- Thursday, June 20, 12-1pm
- Friday, June 21, 8-9am
- Saturday, June 22, 8-9am
- Vision Rehab Forum
- Sports & Performance Vision Forum
- Poster Session
- One hour of OD CE
- House of Delegates
- Participation in the following OM student events:
- AOSA Student Bowl™ XXVIII powered by Essilor
- Luxottica Live!
Student CE Monitors
You can still be eligible to participate in the 2019 AOA+ Influencer program and Leadership Society! Attend all required events as your CE Monitor schedule allows. If you are working during a required program, please email Stacey Struckhoff at email@example.com by July 1 with the hours you were working that concided with a Leadership Society requirement.
- $250 travel grant (to be awarded post-OM)
- Membership into the AOA+ Leadership Society includes:
- Honorable distinction at schools and colleges from AOA Faculty Liaisons
- Annual AOA+ participation lapel pin
- Annual certificate of completion
- List completion on all statements of personal accomplishment, including resume
There are 300 Influencer positions available!
These positions are FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TODAY TO BE A 2019 AOA+ INFLUENCER!