2016 Call for Courses
119th Annual AOA Congress & 46th Annual AOSA Conference:
June 29 - July 3, 2016
The American Optometric Association is pleased to invite your submission of optometric, optometric staff, and future optometrist education courses at the 2016 Optometry’s Meeting®. Continuing education courses will be held from Wednesday, June 29 through Sunday, July 3, 2016.
Courses submitted cover a wide variety of ophthalmic topics. All abstracts must be submitted electronically via online submission by August 7, 2015.
COURSE CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
All applicants will be notified of accepted/ selected courses via email mid-Fall 2015. Acceptance will be based on the following criteria:
- The complete electronic submission must be received by the American Optometric Association by August 7, 2015.
- The submission must be complete; otherwise the entry will be ineligible.
- If a course is accepted, the Speaker must complete an AOA Speaker’s Agreement.
- Upon acceptance, the Speaker must turn in to the AOA a brief biography, curriculum vitae, and an initial course outline (to be submitted to COPE). These course materials will be due within one month of notification. Final course outline will be due in early April 2016.
- Due to overwhelming application response and the Continuing Education Committee review, not all submitted courses will be accepted.
- Speakers cannot promote their books, consulting services, etc., during education sessions.
- A brief overview of the AOA reimbursement policy that applies to General Education courses as dictated by the Continuing Education Committee:
- Lectures - $350/hour/per instructor that is selected/ invited by the AOA Continuing Education Committee.
- Labs - $350/hour (per instructor, maximum of 2 instructors), or $350/hour Solo Lab.
- Panels - $350/hour.
- Travel – Lowest discounted coach airfare based on 21-day advance purchase.
- Hotel - Night before lecture and night of lecture. Based on the AOA lowest negotiated room rate with contracted hotels. In order to receive hotel reimbursement you must stay within one of the AOA contracted hotels.
- An optometrist who resides in the United States must be a member of the AOA in order to be an Optometry’s Meeting® Speaker.
If you have any questions regarding the Call for Courses, please contact Stacy Harris, Education Manager, at the AOA. Email:
|Application deadline||August 7, 2015|
|Notification of selected courses||Mid-Fall via email|
Course materials due- bio, CV,
initial course outline
one month after notification
|Final course handouts due to AOA||Early April 2016|
|2015 Optometry’s Meeting®||
June 29 - July 3, 2016